[meteorite-list] WOLF(E) CREEK

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 16:57:27 2006

Listees

Can I readdress the nomenclature issue

It seems there is some general acceptance that there is the occasional
mispelling in ye olde times and that I am perhaps not the only one with a
query on spelling from their home state or country

Nobody should attack such an august and respected body such as the nomcom

My question is simply is there a review process if a name is confirmed to be
incorrect or is the name engraved on stone forever more never to be changed

It does get particularly confusing once other members quote different
references with different spellings

The reference I quoted
http://www.calm.wa.gov.au/national_parks/previous_parks_month/wolfe_creek.html
is particularly compelling and no doubt now I will telephone the WA Museum
and/or purchase their publication on wolf(e) creek

Cheers