[meteorite-list] "Hotter Than Any Known Star"

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 19:30:24 2006

Hi, Darren and all,

Gravity couldn't have been the hang-up, otherwise repeated attempts at
creating them would not have been made. Why even start a hopeless
experiment?
(Definition of insanity ..."doing the same thing over and over and expecting
different results."
Benjamin Franklin
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/b/benjaminfr109067.html )

The articles that I've come across are at least four years old.
They had come somewhat close, but no cigar. They just can't make a "real"
chondrule.
Is anyone aware of more current attempts?

I'm sure its just getting the right combination of high temps and pressures,
and the interesting article I posted sparked the thought.

I'm just curious - I find the little guys fascinating!

Cheers,
Pete