[meteorite-list] Desert Varnish formation

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Mar 11 21:14:12 2006

Dear Kevin;
YIKES! I found the Waynesword site just yesterday.
His information on early Earth and the connection with meteorites seems
really interesting. His other surf able information to "living
stromatolites" makes me think that there is some slim chance that recent
(maybe a few million years) meteorite hits MAY have seeded meteorites
again....as the So. California, Minnesota, and Oregon locations would
hold out. They would have been glaciated over but the stromatolites
came back to live again today. Then there's Yellowstone....mmm...no idea.

Any meteorite minds care to offer an opinion on recent seeding
possibilities?
Dave F.
With desert varnish.