[meteorite-list] Flash in (Louisiana) sky likely a meteor, but no evidence of impact found

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 18:27:00 2006

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/suburban/2446497.html

One secton stands out to me:

"Hupp said NASA didn?t have any indication of something big enough to hit the
ground going through Earth?s atmosphere in the Louisiana area Thursday night.
?We would know it,? she said. ?They do watch that stuff, because we do watch our
satellites.?"

So, are there records of known meteorite falls where NASA did see it happen?
Park Forest, maybe? The New Orliens meteorite? I don't remember reading
anything about NASA radar detection of any falls.