[meteorite-list] Re: 1938 Bloomington IL Meteorite

From: meteoriteplaya_at_comcast.net <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Mar 14 10:33:03 2006

Hi List
A friend of mine just sent me a sad notice about the person whose house the Bloomington IL meteorite hit. Here is an article about the 1938 fall;
http://www.il-st-acad-sci.org/transactions/PDF/6809.pdf

Here is the obituary from 2004 about his life though it doesn't mention the meteorite.
http://archives.lincolndailynews.com/2004/Oct/21/News_new/
obit.shtml#Cox

My friend said he had a chance to meet him and his son Henry at a presentation on meteorites a while ago. My friend said he enjoyed chatting with Rev Cox about the meteorite and was saddened to hear of his passing.
Illinois sure has some cool stories tied to their meteorite falls.

Mike
--
Mike Jensen
Jensen Meteorites