[meteorite-list] New Theory: Global Warming Caused byTunguskaEvent / climate change - ~ot

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 17 13:26:26 2006

Hi Rob,

Well, 'Worse' meaning, the entire world's landmass that is currently at
5 meters or below, above sea level, most probably won't be .... I'd say
that would be a start.... :)

Of course you might argue it won't effect 'us', but then why do we
bother having kids?

They key at the moment is 'they' just have no idea what will happen and
when, the theories seem to range from 'global cooling' to 'complete
catastrophe' unless they can model it in enough detail, there are just
too many factors to get answers.

The earth is warmer now than it has been for many million of years, and
the rate of warming is accelerating. - will it be a problem?, who knows.

Can we do anything about it? Probably not, but unless we have some idea
about what is going on we will never know if there is something we
should be doing. Countires need to start thinking about planning for sea
level rise and especially air stream changes, since it often takes many
decades to change country wide infrastructure, - for example people
still seem intent on building on flood plains.

Whilst I don't attribute it to global warming, Here in Southern Britain
we are currently facing the worst drought for 80 years, rainfall is way
way below average, and we have a hosepipe ban in place (and yes it is
still winter!), I can imagine what could happen if global warming really
did happen...

Best,
Mark