[meteorite-list] Water fun

From: mckinney trammell <bigpineartifacts_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Mar 20 23:13:11 2006

now THAT is very interesting. i used and EDM machine to cut an iron once.

marcin_at_polandmet.com wrote: Grrr my 4th try......

Hi
As a person who like test new tortue techniques on meteorites I was very
happy when one private industrial factory purchased first in whole region
equipment to cut using high presure water.
Machinery was 1 month old and when I told them what I want try to cut 3/4 of
live personel come and watch cutting process. I take my 3kg SAU001 half
specimen to try cut it.
Cutting surface was 10cm long and 9cm high.

Ofcourse this is not the best way to cut stones, but I was very curious how
will look cut surface. I tell them to change cutting speed 3 times. They
start cut with 20mm/min and this was too fast, hen 5 and 10mm per minute.

Here is results
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/prefel1.jpg
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/prefel2.jpg
http://www.meteoryt.net/ebay/prefel3.jpg

Now Im looking only for laser and plasma cutting equipment to produce some
ataxites from my morasko :)

PS, anyone interested in water cutted slice of Sau001 307g ? :D

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195

 Yahoo! Mail