[meteorite-list] Bright bolide movie from Finland

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 31 16:24:57 2006

Cool!

Here's a working link, but you'll have to pick the mpg out of the list:

http://www.ursa.fi/ursa/jaostot/meteorit/images/

http://www.ursa.fi/ursa/jaostot/meteorit/images/

There's some other interesting pics, too!
Cheers,
Pete

From: "Matson, Robert" <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_saic.com>
To: metlist <meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Subject: [meteorite-list] Bright bolide movie from Finland
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:06:39 -0800

Hi All,

Some of you may have already seen this, but if not you should check
it out:

<http://www.ursa.fi/ursa/jaostot/meteorit/images/Tulipallo_20060326_1901
53_Vaala3.mpg>

This was an impressive bolide recorded by Jarmo Moilanen in Finland
on March 26th at 19:02 UT -- a good time of day for meteorite survival
chances. Note how slowly the bolide is moving, and how long it remains
quite bright. This certainly has all the hallmarks of a meteorite-
producing event.

I've tried to confirm the direction the camera was pointing based
on the half dozen "stars" visible in the scene. Unfortunately, I can
find no match with Finland's skies at this time -- either normal view
or mirror-reflected. It could be that some of the "stars" are actually
hot pixels.

--Rob