[meteorite-list] Here we go again...

From: Steve Schoner <schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 31 16:25:06 2006

Gary,

I remember receiving a sample of this rock, and my impression was that it is a plutonic rock, probably rich in hornblende. It's unusual shape and the location of find is from glaciation that brought this rock to NH. These odd boulders are called 'erratics'-- rocks out of place by glaciers that were widespread in the north during the last Ice Age.

He is convinced that this thing is from Mars, because God revealed it to him.

As for the "sermon" that you most likely will receive, if is is short, probably OK, but be ready for a long eye glazing one...

HA ! HA!

Steve Schoner/AMS
IMCA #4470

-- "Gary K. Foote" <gary_at_webbers.com> wrote:
Though I hate to admit it, I live in northern New Hampshire. I'll track this thing down
and get over there to get some better pics soon. I'll probably have to stand for a
sermon first though, not that it would be a bad thing :)

Gary
http://www.meteorite-dealers.com