[meteorite-list] Self Proclaimed Pairings Issues (SPPI)

From: Meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 6 06:20:18 2006

Well that can happen, but should not be done this way -I know I'm a kind of utopist-.

I should have some Acfer OCs in the coming Met Bul, with some of them classified as one, all of the fragments being analysed and
paired. My mate and I found them ourselves 4 years ago and have provided exact GPS coordinates. Location + analyses have shown that
all fragments belong to the same fall and we did not decide this result by ourselves.

It takes time to get a proper classification and many dealers are in a hurry to sell and make money. This is why we have to face
what you are right to call some 'musical classifications'...
'Back on investment' has become the main rule!

Frederic Beroud
http://www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA member # 2491 (http://www.imca.cc/)