[meteorite-list] Buyer beware has many meanings

From: batkol <batkol_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 6 22:35:58 2006

Bill,
 i've bought more than one meteorite from Adam and i'll buy from him again
in the future. i get exactly the meteorite shown in the auction, it's
described accurately, packed well, always has an id card, and i don't wait
three weeks for him to get around to sending it to me. i've never felt
ripped off because i'm the one who types in my highest bid. i collect
meteorites, he's in the business of selling them and hopefully makes a
profit doing so because he'd be an idiot to give them away for what he puts
into getting them. if a seller proves to be reliable and has what i want,
i buy from them. i don't begrudge anyone a profit, especially since it's me
that ultimately decides what a piece is worth. business is business,
opinions are opinions. for instance, i'd buy a meteorite from you if it
was a quality piece and a good deal despite some of your posts to the list.
i'd also like to add that Adam was complete with soul as well as quite
gracious and kind when i met him in denver last year. saw no 666 tatooed on
his scalp. lastly, thanks for not buying from him. one less competitor on
ebay is always appreciated. hope everyone has a pleasant weekend. take care
susan