[meteorite-list] look out for another ebay scam

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 8 02:36:04 2006

I do not recall the old ID but do know that the so called "Chondrite" (slag)
and a "Pallasite" (Olivine Xenolith) was brought up before on the List. The
description with the Cal-Tech story was also applied to some other material
he was offering as meteorites. Although it is sometimes difficult to tell a
weathered iron meteorite from Hematite by images alone, I will put money on
hematite since it lacks the luster that a cut iron would display. I think he
must have opened a completely new account and abandoned his old one. I am
now sure it is the same person after reading the descriptions and seeing the
giant piece of slag. Perhaps some other List member can recall his old ID.

Take Care,

Adam