[meteorite-list] 'Mars' meteorite

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 9 08:20:50 2006

Hello List

Well, I got up to northern NH the other day with my wife CJ. We fot a chance too meet
with the man who owns the so-called mars meteorite you keep seeing on TV. First let me
say this man is a very nice man who believes in his heart that the specimen he found will
help him restore his church to its former glory. But my second conclucion is that there
is no way this is a meteorite - especially from mars. It looks more like a huge hematite
node. Even its crumbs are magnetic. Pieces from it are flakes, rather than 'chunks'.

I would like to help this man ID just what it is he has as I believe there is SOME value
there that will help him in his personal mission. He has offered a 30 pound piece to me
for slicing and disemmination to researchers. I am looking for geologists rather than
meteoricists as I believe this is terrestrial. Anybody know who may be able to help me
help this man?

Photos here;

http://www.meteorite-dealers.com/mars

HUGE filesizes for good detail;