[meteorite-list] Ancient price lists - let's collect them

From: mckinney trammell <bigpineartifacts_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 9 23:25:01 2006

yea , i remeber when BRAHIN was $25/ g -talk about a loss on investment! glad i did not buy much!

Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteorite-martin.de> wrote: Great!

A new thread is born! Let's do some history and gather together old price
lists!
Hey Alex, old messie, I'm sure somewhere you still have Reed's old lists?
Some Haag lists?
I already once converted by the gold price once Cohen's list into actual
prices, I guess in one of Michael Blood's old columns it must be preserved.
But meanwhile the gold price skyrocket, so it would be more expensive.

With the Ward-lists it should be easier, as I'm sure, somewhere must exist
inflation tables for the US-$.

And I have left 2 compilations. A list with prices of 30 dealers from 1999
and one of 72 dealers from 2001.

But first, before I could type them, someone has to buy some stones from me,
I'm quite broke after the disaster of inundations in Romania and German
customs holds back new material since 6 weeks.

Buckleboo!
Martin

Hehehe, in 2000 average price for Gao-Guenie (26 offerors) wa 3.85$ per
gram. Pultusk 43.10$/g. Nantan 1.43$/g (11 dealers). Deport 2$/g. DaG 476
1354$/g (13)... Campo 0.61$/g (17)....

PS: Buehler was funny. The rarest historical falls he had always much to
cheap, the most common stuff to expensive, it is a pity, that the SML
doesn't exist anymore.

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----