[meteorite-list] Re: The other Brenham hunter

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 12 18:13:37 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006 14:46:47 -0700, you wrote:

>Dear Listees:
>
>My friend Butch found something here about a new meteorite-hunting
>family TV show, and asked me to post it to the List.
>
>I think this show is a must-see:
>http://www.geoserver.netfirms.com/brenham.htm

Boy, if you get this upset that the guy is looking for Brenham pieces on his
property, I can just imagine what'll happen if he finds one bigger than the 1400
pounder.

He bought the land, if the story is correct, just because it has meteorites on
it. And here is proof that he was interested in Brenham at least back to 1997:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.archaeology.moderated/browse_thread/thread/32796f4d620c148b/447bd28f51c2a934?lnk=st&q=%22Don+Stimpson%22&rnum=3&hl=en#447bd28f51c2a934

and meteorites in general at least as far back as 1994

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.astro/browse_thread/thread/b2fb509c9f27f905/6d4487032a49b224?lnk=st&q=%22Don+Stimpson%22+meteorites&rnum=1&hl=en#6d4487032a49b224

So he isn't a Johnny-come-lately that just became interested after SA showed up.

Here's a cartoon for anger that he decided to search his 1,000 acres of land
himself instead of letting SA do it:

http://www.wvevans.net/KidsDirectory/ColorMe/S_GRAPES.gif
http://www.mainlesson.com/display.php?author=scudder&book=fables&story=grapes