[meteorite-list] fake Mars back on ebay

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 13 16:58:43 2006

If it is a religious justification, science just plain doesn't count. The
vision allegedly happened and thus the scientific method is not applicable to a
believer. Anyone buying a religious vision simply will have to do it on faith
and not look for a relationship of convenience with science, unless the God
of that religion instructs the disciples somewhere that science and it are 100%
respectfully compatible.

However, I's think it would be deceptive advertising not to state the
"scientific" interpretation in the description in the meteorite category if the
auction had rules which it doesn't, as a matter of truth in disclosure. The
auction has no such rules that I am aware of though someone else may know better.
Scientific supplementary info wouldn't be necessary should it be advertised in
religious relics category where it belongs, instead of the collectibles
(includes meteorites) category. As a matter of fact, it belongs in the religious
category right now, since "Visions" and their products are not collectables imo,
and Corning's obsolete Visions' category only includes borosilicate glass
items.

Maybe if someone told him that God is waiting for him to hock the divine gift
God personally chose him to receive, in that category, so someone can buy it
and hack it to pieces. I cross my heart that I just had a beautifully
dramatic vision myself of God unleashing a new, way bigger meteorite straight from
Heaven to his head for squandering God's gift to the highest bidder, and then
being too greedy when setting the price about it to boot. I do think the
ministry would benefit from $28,000 just as well. Isn't that what the Virgin Mar?a
baloney sandwich sold for to some Ripley's Believe-It-Or-Not place? Was that
seller cursed, I wonder?

En un mensaje con fecha 05/13/2006 2:59:25 PM Mexico Daylight Time,
gary_at_webbers.com escribe:

<< I agree with you Pete. If it is incontrovertibly identified as
terrestrial then he can
 no longer claim it is what his vision showed him as it would then be fraud.

 JMO

 Gary