AW: AW: [meteorite-list] fake Mars back on ebay charset="iso-8859-1"

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun May 14 08:27:43 2006

>>> Ministry my ass. Geese.....

This man has a church and ministry in place. He is not a dangerous J Jones or Hale Bopp
sleeper... he is someone who believes he has had a vision from God - period. We all
know that means he will not release his beliefs lightly. But he is curious as to what
proper labs will tell him.

In the meantime he is well aware of how much his auction has been seen and is glad it is
getting a message out. But that is all his personal belief.

Am I taken by this man? Yes. He is well spoken and well considered in his hometown. Do
I believe him? Not for a minute. So, have I been 'taken in' by this man? Not at all.
I am focused on identifying the specimen and helping him find a buyer for a proper price.
 I keep telling him the odds of it being a meteorite of any kind are slim to none.

As for his giving a hoot about meteorites, he is now fascinated by them. I gave him a
small unclassified NWA individual chondrite and he carries it with him all the time.
Wants to know all about it and other meteorites. So, not only is it possible to identify
a truly unique specimen here, but there is room for education as well. This is about as
far from being a waste of time as I can think of.

Gary