[meteorite-list] World's Meteorite Shows

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 16 14:13:02 2006

To partially answer your question,

He has contacted several List members. He supplies a lot of bulk unclassified material and deals with one dealer in particular who is known for selling by weight. Like every other Moroccan dealer still in business, he has raised his prices on everything including unclassified Eucrites for $20.00 a gram. The days of being able to get a good deal from dealers in Morocco are numbered. They have been asking outrageous prices for everything including $95,000.00 for a supposed pairing to NWA 011/2400 and $300,000.00 for an untested Martian rock. The only good deal I have seen lately is for the Enstatite Chondrite that has been claimed to be an Achondrite even though it has chondrules. Over 70 kilograms were sold at the Tucson show alone for less than a buck a gram, a very good deal. I am sure he is a reputable dealer but he is asking more than you can still find classified and sliced material for on ebay. Unfortunately, as supplies dwindle, this material cannot be replaced for anywhere near this price.

Take Care,

Adam