[meteorite-list] One serious question for this list.

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 16 19:09:39 2006

Michael,

Trust me, I took a look at it and was really
interested. I really do like lunar material and if I
had the money and no serious outlays in the next few
months, I'd have seriously considered trying to sneak
a biggie past my wife.

I am sure there are plenty like myself who really
value the information on new material from serious
collectors/dealers/hunters (I do not know which title
you'd prefer) on this list. As a newcomer, I value the
information from those I know I can trust. By that I
mean, I know I'll get what your selling if I buy from
you and not some quarry grit. I am sure many others do
too.

It's just we may feel somewhat intimidated by the fact
we are "rubbing shoulders" with such esteemed company.
How many other hobbies could you claim to recieve
e-mails from the world's premier authorities on a
daily basis?

It's made somewhat more difficult by the fact that you
guys at the top are so competetive. No, I understand
why and I'm not calling that attitude into question...

...but, the typed word is much easier to take out of
context thatn the spoken one. Sarcasm, double entendre
(not in a saucy sense) may be inferred from something
inane. Maybe some of us minions are worried by that.
Mike, you must admit, you do wear your heart on your
sleeve sometimes. But I like that, you know where you
stand with that sort of guy. Which is why I'm replying
to your mail.

I wouldn't like the list to be dissolved. It's been
the single most informative thing I have (after
Richard Norton's Encyclopaedia of Meteorites) on the
subject, and certainly the most up to date. A lot of
my posts recently have been talking up the positive
aspects of the list for this reason.

I just wish you could all be nicer to each other from
time to time.

Don't shout at me because I said something

Rob McCafferty

--- Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_comcast.net>