[meteorite-list] Fwd: [Bolide_Chasers] ELP Bolide 05/04/06

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 19 05:38:20 2006

Good Morning, Tucson!!!!

------------------- Forward Message
-------------------

Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 01:12:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Bolide_Chasers] ELP Bolide 05/04/06

Hello All,
  Very sorry for the delay on this event. Software
problems are resolved and I can now offer the first 6
seconds (Sentinel limit) of the May 4 El Paso bolide
event which occured at 21:44:58.54 MDT. Keep in mind
that even though UTEP seismology says they did not
record an anomoly at event time, there are numerous
reports of sonic booms and even smoke trail reports.
Filtering may be the culprit.

The event was seen visually as far away as Tucson,AZ.
While in-flight peak visual magnitude recorded by the
ELP camera was a -13.2, we are estimating that one of
three flashes at the event's end (which Sentinel did
not record) may have produced a visual mag of
somewhere between -16 and -20.

  Also keep in mind that bandwidth on my website is
EXTREMELY low so if you attempt to access the URL and
get a "bandwidth exceeded, try back in an hour"
message, you'll know it's not you. If anyone would
like to offer some space for me on a site which can
handle the traffic, I'd be happy to work with you and
thank you in advance.
Please click on
http://www.geocities.com/desert_lights/latestelpasoevent.html

If anyone is interested in an Excel graph of the
event, please e-mail me and I'll send it to you.
Regards,
Jim Gamble
NAMN/ELP
Sandia All Sky Camera Network