[meteorite-list] REAL Great planetary alignment (was...the vision is back)

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 19 20:19:44 2006

Steve A. (ILL.) wrote:
<<was not the VISION a super android with the AVENGERS?>>

to which Rob M. responded with the Royal "WE":
<<...Can we please avoid what happened a couple of weeks ago. ...Apologies
for the mail. I suspect it won't be the last on the subject! >>

Steve, He was a "synthezoid". The "Behold the Vision" issue - I still recall
the red cover of the mag which my friend had (an Avengers nut with Vision
specialty) in a baggie. Lessee, if Avengers #1 was in about 1964, and they were
monthly, that would have been in about good ol' year of '69. Were you about
16? Since you say as a kid, I bet you got it right off the press. Any chance
you have any of the old ishes? I sold a complete set of US Fantastic Four's
(my specialty) except for #1 which I never had, all for $200. I wish I could
undo that...

And Rob, Instead of worrying about keystroking your overused delete button on
Steve, how about checking out a great cometological planetary alignment. If
you have never seen Uranus...seriously, On May 24 at about 5:00AM local time,
timed just before Jupiter sets - Best to do between two hours and 1 hour and
twenty minutes before the "crack" of Sunrise, by the time you are as far north
as Munchen you'll be getting up at least by 4:00AM), you can see a beautiful
crescent Moon rise just three degrees from Venus! But that is just for
starters...you can see Neptune and, if you have a big scope, Pluto, too! Uranus,
Neptune and Pluto will be in that order from East to west...

Forget about Pluto (mag. 13.9) - here's what to do with a decent binocular.
I did say crescent Moon - that means the B fragment of the comet will be a
good bet after waiting the Moon out all these days. Hooorrrayyyy!!! Connect
Venus/Moon to Jupiter (or where Jupiter set a moment ago). You have just traced
out the ecliptic across the sky. Under the Great Square of Pegasus in Pisces
(don't bother catching the lines of this fishy constellation), you can find
the Comet B fragments! It ought to be fading at about 7th magnitude. But it
could blow up again as it has a habit of doing. The same distance of the Moon
to the Comet, if you keep going along the ecliptic on your planetary tour,
there will be Uranus exactly centered half way between the end-points on the upper
segment of the polygon of Aquarius, and another time that same distance and
you get to Neptune (mag. 7.9) in Capricorn, which will be three degrees beyond
the brightest star (delta) of that constellation. Pluto is about twice that
distance (i.e., the same as the Comet to Neptune) in Ophiuchus's tail by the Xi
star if you have big glass and the eyes of Laura Mars.

This is a pretty awesome astronomical line-up for those who are tired of the
contagious and hypnotizing delete-keystroke stepping led by the Bob Haag
look-alikes that do aerobics workouts for out of shape guests on the free hotel TV
channel.

Saludos, Doug
PS if anyone wants a personalized finder chart with my compliments for the
comet's B fragments at the indicated time, I'd be glad to send it if you promise
you wake up a couple of hours before Sunrise. Send me your lat/lon, time
zone and if you have daylight saving time or not.