[meteorite-list] Mike Farmer and Oman

From: John B. <goldmaster_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon May 22 12:19:33 2006

Hi List

I've been stewing on Mike Farmer's statement about a bunch of naked idiots
in Oman. I forget his exact statement but close enough. I still believe
there is no law or decree regarding meteorite hunting and exporting from
Oman. The law that they say we violated pertains to archeological resources!
The Embassy's and we were of that opinion. But when you're in a country that
is a monarchy and the constitution is for show and nothing else then you're
on your own. You are there and operate at the whim of a dictator or the
powers that be. After our release from jail my second phone call was to Mike
Farmer. My first call was a call home to get his number. Mike seemed annoyed
at my call and felt I was accusing him of our problems. When my call to him
was only a warning! Warning him not to come to Oman. While in custody and
being interrogated I was offered 100,000 RE to get him to come there. For
those of you unfamiliar with Omanie monies that's equivalent to $238,000.00
US. The investigator had a manila file folder about ? inch thick full of
info and web stuff about him including copies of many of his web page adds.
I guess they thought I worked for Mike or something because I'm also from
Tucson? Well lucky for Mike that I'm independently wealthy and don't need
there chump change. Besides that I really like Mike and would hate to see
him rotting in an Omanie prison. As far as Mike's integrity in dealing and
knowledge on space rocks I think he's one of the best and come a long way
from working the table for that dirt bag Michael Casper. I consider Mike
Farmer an Icon in the field of meteoritic's for his knowledge and hunting
abilities. The only reason I'm writing this is to warn those that hunt with
him. They may or may not be aware of this fact. Mike has been very lucky
that the Oman government operates in the dark ages with little or no
computers to aid their business. Sooner or later probably by dumb Omanie
luck Mike and partner(s) will be captured and I just hope they like eating
dates. As far as the Governor of Dhofar goes after Mike's last post to the
list since I'm certain it's being monitored. I think his new job is at the
local camel wash! Mike is a big boy and can take care of himself; I did what
I thought right I warned him. Those that hunt with him in Oman take head you
too have been warned!

Happy Hunting John Blennert