[meteorite-list] DEMOCRATIC FILTERING

From: armandoafonso_at_sapo.pt <armandoafonso_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 26 21:29:47 2006

This message is reaching this list only after a new email address was created,
demonstrating that this situation is intentional.
In this moment, all subscribers form Portugal are regarded as spam, as a result
of the expression of my opinion about some installed interests in this
activity.
I take this as an example of the best American, pluralistic and democratic
spirit.

Dear Mr. Art Jones,
Excuse me for the inconvenience of sending you a personal message, but I really
do not understand what can be wrong with my subscription.
I can not find help in the automated responses, too.
Basically, I receive messages, but I am not abble to reply to them.
This occured after some moderate discussions with a member of the list, at least
this is the only possible reason that I can identify.
After multiple trials, I am still receiving this indication :

"Connected to 204.127.198.26 but sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 550-195.245.178.70 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net
550 Blocked for abuse. Please send blacklist removal requests to
blacklist_comcastnet_at_cable.comcast.com - Be sure to include your mail server IP
ADDRESS."

Even providing the required info, the situation is unchanged.
I find hard to believe that a simple criticism can justify this, with so many
insults posted routinely to this list (curiously by this same Mike Framer with
who I had this slight disagreement).
I would appreciate your help on this.
Regards,
Armando Afonso

> - 195.245.178.70 -
> The IP you previously provided has been removed from the Comcast.net
> blocklist.
>
> After review of the blocking, the IP you submitted was found to have been
> blocked due to the fact that the majority of the traffic from that IP
> contained content indicative of spam. If you are not aware of the traffic
> that could have caused this, we recommend a review of your outbound mail
> logs and ensuring that all computers connecting to through the submitted
> IP are clear of any security exploits.
>

> Thank You
> Comcast Network Abuse and Policy Observance

> Dear sirs,
> This server is an important international one, ONI , serves hundreds of
> thousands clients, and if, for some improbable reason, SPAM reaches the
> list trough it, I can not be responsabilized personally , even less in
> this radical way.
> I only can assure you that, myself: I make a normal use of the list,
> practically only as a reader, my computer is checked for virus daily with
> a respected and updated anti-virus program, Panda Platinium, and that it
> could, reasonably, not be the eventual source of a problem of this kind.
> I would appreciate if you could re-evaluate this situation.
> Armando Afonso

Dear sirs,
Everything was checked, no spam went out of my computer. The anti-virus program
has been working as it should and updated daily.
I contacted my e-mail server, nothing is wrong.
I am convicted that this is a manipulated situation.
I would welcome a clarification on the reasons for this attitude from your part.
Regards.
Armando Afonso