[meteorite-list] ..& the winner is - met dealer equipment quiz solutions

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun May 28 21:46:45 2006

Here we go,

With the perfect meteorite dealers disguise I had in mind:

http://www.dadashop.de/peruecke/km3611.jpg
M.B.

http://www.dadashop.de/peruecke/hm17000971.jpg
B.TMM.H

http://www.dadashop.de/peruecke/km3882.jpg
I.K. I had in mind, but K.R. or B.K. would work as well,

http://www.dadashop.de/peruecke/km3990.jpg
B.R. but also B.R.

http://www.dadashop.de/peruecke/kb1909.jpg
Was easy, as it is the prototypal geologist's beard.
I was especially thinking of a Mr.K. from Germany,
but there are many many others valuable solutions,
see Captain Blood's meteorite friends page.

Aaaaaaand the winners are, with 3 correct answers out of 5, each:

Bob Evans.
Ingo Herkstroeter.
Congrats.
The Kunya-Urgenchs will be send out on Monday.

I found now my outfit, will create a new meteorite dealer style:
http://www.dadashop.de/peruecke/km7033.jpg

Buckleboo!
Martin

PS: Btw. Did you notice, how fast Kunya-Urgench disappeared? Almost nothing
available anymore. I guess in a few years it will be rather in the 10-15$/g
range, than the known 4-6$/g now.
Hmmm - one of the very largest stones felt ever, national monument, nothing
coming out anymore from Turkmenistan since years. Anyone a picture of the
1ton main mass?
I have some handful of fragments left. Oxidized like all, which were
available throughout the last 3-4 years. Are o.k. as reference specimens.
Have between 0.5-3grams. If I don't have to set them on ebay and save time
and fees, I'll give them away at 3.5$/g.
Just gimme a note.
This was an Ad, I confess.