[meteorite-list] Thin Sections..............

From: Dave Carothers <david.carothers_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 2 17:42:21 2006

Good evening all.

I finally ventured into the area of thin sections and have recently bought
several. My most recent buy (Dho 005 and SAU 001) came taped to a piece of
cardboard. While I managed to get the SAU 001 untaped, I was unlucky with
Dho 005. Even though I was being VERY careful, it is now in two major
pieces and a small sliver.

A question come to mind for you good people who are more experienced at
buying or selling thin sections. Am I wrong in thinking that taping thin
sections to a piece of cardboard is probably not the best method of
packaging them? It seems to me that this form of packaging invites
disaster.

Regards,

Dave Carothers