[meteorite-list] Monthly Favourite - November 2006

From: ted brattstrom <volcanoted_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Nov 5 21:37:08 2006

Aloha Jeff and all -

Thanks for resizing and putting up the pictures :-) and some nice commentary. Henbury is a great place to visit, and I always realize after I leave someplace, that there was something I missed.

As to the aerial view - It is basically composed of a number of google maps screens put together at the highest resolution to catch the whole crater field area.

You can do it yourself - or, I can e-mail the highest res image I have. (tell me what format you'd like it in. tiff/pict/jpeg/png etc.)
Oh, non-commercial use only - as per the Google Maps terms.

I finally got the Ries section done - so if you have the patience for an occasionally slow download.... this starts you off with links to Henbury, Gosses, Steinheim, Ries, and the Black Stone of the Kaaba in Istanbul

http://www.keaaum.k12.hi.us/teachers/MrB/craters/neof-reporter.htm

Cheers - ted

Heading to Darwin Crater for New Years.

Jose Campos <josecamposcomet_at_netcabo.pt> wrote: Hi Kuykens!
Really super pics. of the famous Hembury meteorite and craters. The aerial
view is quite spectacular!
Many thanks for sharing it with us.
As for Norbert Kammel, who have been there several times: I "envy" you
Norbert! :)

Jos? Campos
Portugal