[meteorite-list] Looking for Nikon F2 with DE-1 prism

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Nov 5 22:39:09 2006

Hello to all, I have been looking for several years for a Nikon F2 (the
expensive DE-1, DP-12 prisms would be rewarded well, but DP-1 is still
fine), and could settle even for a Nikon FE as well.

Since the camera is useful for longer exposures - my area of interest, I'll
be forgiving on the shutter accuracy or metering, but am not interested in
dented body cameras or thise that have be dropped.

It sure would be nice to get one in good shape, as the reason for wanting
this fine non-battery guzzler old manual camera is because it happens not to
vibrate much and has all the manual functions I need.

I, too can pay with meteorites (and maybe different ones), cash, or maybe
even a contemporary old manual Canon AE-1 in superb condition for which I
have lenses and the autowinder.

Of course, as Don mentions, this list is a nice place to go looking. I have
fought off the pay with meteorite post-temptation for astronomy items wanted
in the past after thinking about it a lot. I always refrained due to my
interpretation of what is "on topic" when it comes to commerce and relevance
and the Meteorite List. Don's post defined this gray area for me, for this
need, which is very high on my night sky photography list including for
meteor work. I have a US address for the next week we can use and I rarely
get an opportunity to receive items like this in Mexico.

Best wishes,
Doug (please email me if you want a motivated camera customer!)
PS Don, good luck to you too.