[meteorite-list] Ghubara

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Nov 6 15:33:03 2006

harlan trammell wrote:

"they sweat and ooze liquid"

Hello All,

My thick slice that I got from Mike Martinez in 2000 is still stable, no ooze, no sweat!

My large, thin 36-gram slice from Ivan Koutyrev that I purchased about two or three
years ago (EBay) is still perfect - no ooze, no sweat! This super-thin slice is one of my
most beautiful and most interesting meteorites and one of its main features is an oval,
"multi-banded" chondrule - something I've never seen again in any other chondrite!
It has troilite, abundant chondrules, different chondrule types and sizes, even melt
veinlets meandering along the outer edges of my slice, and, of course, the well-known
dark matrix that is studded with several lighter-colored patches, well, a beautiful
regolith breccia :-)

Cheers,

Bernd