[meteorite-list] Falling stones and birds...

From: Mark <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Nov 8 21:04:42 2006

What some birds, such as the magpie and crows, is that they are attracted to
bright and shinny objects. One species, and I can't remember which it is,
will actually collect things to line his nest to make himself more
attractive to the female. If they are disturbed in anyway while flying, they
will drop whatever they are carrying.

Another possibility is that some of these rocks are from birds just taking
off. Birds will eliminate feces at takeoff to lighten their load and of
course, gizzard stones do get passed when they become too smooth

Hope this will help a little.

Mark Ferguson