[meteorite-list] ad: Beauty and the Beast

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:22:56 -0600

It's DIMMITT, dammit! Not DIMMIT.
(I'm not angry; I just couldn't resist the euphony...)

NHM Catalogue says: DIMMITT, Castro County, Texas, 1942.
"At least 21 stones, totalling 13.5kg, were found; the fall may perhaps
be identical with Tulia ( q.v._ ), H.H. Nininger & A.D. Nininger (1950).
Analysis, 24.8 % total iron, V.Ya. Kharitonova (1969).
Mineralogy, olivine Fa 20^ , B. Mason (1963).
Breccia, contains H5 and LL-group clasts, A.E. Rubin et al. (1981).
364 specimens are included under the Dimmitt name in the Monnig collection
and totalling 177kg. These may be from more than a single fall,"

Boy, I wish I'd bought your Brahin; it was
so much prettier than my Brahin...

Sterling K. Webb