[meteorite-list] Flaming Fireball Seen Over Turkey

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 2 20:37:19 2006

http://english.sabah.com.tr/51C0EE69ACA345EB84F0859A90329094.html

Report by the pilot says: "I have seen a UFO"
Sabah (Turkey)
October 3, 2006

At the weekend, lots of notifications regarding UFOs were received by
Ankara Esenbo?a. In Antalya, a pilot reported that: "An undefined object
has been seen."

UFO surprise in five cities

In several regions of Turkey, there was a surprise by "UFO" at Saturday
night. However, the object is thought to be meteor.

In Turkey, a flaming blaze ball in the sky caused a surprise of UFO at
Saturday night. Telephone calls started to be made from all over the
country to the route control center at Ankara Esenbo?a Airport. The
citizens from Ankara, Nev?ehir, Bal?kesir, Konya and Antalya told that:
"We have seen a blaze ball with flaming tail in the sky; we have seen
UFO." A flying plane around Antalya also reported to the control center
that: "an undefined flying object is seen."