[meteorite-list] Glorieta Mountain Hunt

From: Ruben Garcia <meteoritemall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Oct 3 19:35:36 2006

Hi all,
We (Earl, Stan, Jim and I) just spent a very quick day
and a half in Glorieta and had a great time! The first
on, then off, then on again trip was really a spur of
the moment romp through the mountains that yielded
some very cool pallasites and siderites. We drove
most of the evening, and arrived in Santa Fe around 11
PM. We hunted all the next day but found all our
meteorites by around 2 o' clock. Our nearly 200 grams
was about as much as one can expect to find in a day
at Glorieta. We were very happy with our finds. Earl
found two meteorites, his first Glorieta pallasite and
siderite in the same day. Stan found three meteorites,
2 siderites and one pallasite. I found about 125 grams
worth, all siderites. Jim got the skunk, although he
made a valiant effort. Take a look at some of the
pictures.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/meteoritemal...m/ph//my_photos

Ruben Garcia