[meteorite-list] The geologist on the moon and Comet SWAN

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 6 17:05:38 2006

Great job Bjorn! The first two pictures (the most important ones, I think)
seem to be broken links and aren't showing for me. It's easy to be envious
of your northern location after hauling my camera out 7 days straight
including last night and this morning with nothing but horizon haze and
clouds. The way I figure it the further southern latitudes (N33 - N25) will
have the best opportunity very close to the evening of October 16, when the
comet will be a good brightness fraction of what it is now, not too diffuse,
but after which the Comet will start dimming more rapidly (0.1 mag loss
daily throughout November).

Here's a nice picture of Rob's Comet you can feast your eyes on taken by a
dedicated astronomer near Buffalo, NY...he'll also sells prints. Rob's
Comet is very green and this can be noted in the photo. It is a very pretty
shot considering Tom Bakowski took it on October 2 and it was so low in the
sky (7 degrees), and moisture was evaporating off nearby Lake Erie:
http://www.tomseyeonthesky.com/images/Recent/cometSwan.JPG

Best wishes,
Doug