[meteorite-list] Re: Ad Two new books

From: meteoriteplaya_at_comcast.net <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Oct 10 19:21:41 2006

Hi all
I have two new books I'm excited to announce.

New book #1

Meteorites and the early solar system II / D.S. Lauretta, H.Y. McSween, Jr., editors ; foreword by Richard P. Binzel

942 pp. / 8.5 x 11.0 / 2006 Cloth (0816525625)

Contents
Collaborating Authors xi
Scientific Organizing Committee and Acknowledgment of Reviewers xii
Foreword xiii
Preface xv
PART I: METEORITICS OVERVIEW
Types of Extraterrestrial Material Available for Study
M. M. Grady and I. Wright 9002
Systematics and Evaluation of Meteorite Classification
M. K. Weisberg, T. J. McCoy, and A. N. Krot 9014
Recent Advances in Meteoritics and Cosmochemistry
H. Y. McSween Jr., D. S. Lauretta, and L. A. Leshin 9001
PART II: THE PRESOLAR EPOCH:
METEORITIC CONSTRAINTS ON ASTRONOMICAL PROCESSES
Nucleosynthesis
B. S. Meyer and E. Zinner 9015
Origin and Evolution of Carbonaceous Presolar Grains in Stellar
Environments
T. J. Bernatowicz, T. K. Croat, and T. L. Daulton 9035
Meteorites and the Chemical Evolution of the Milky Way
L. R. Nittler and N. Dauphaus 9025
Chemical Processes in the Interstellar Medium: Source of the Gas and
Dust in the
Primitive Solar Nebula
J. A. Nuth III, S. B. Charnley, and N. M. Johnson 9020
PART III: DISK FORMATION EPOCH: THE ASTROPHYSICAL SETTING AND
INITIAL CONDITIONS OF THE SOLAR NEBULA
Presolar Cloud Collapse and the Formation and Early Evolution of the
Solar Nebula
A. P. Boss and J. N. Goswami 9005
The Population of Starting Materials Available for Solar System
Construction
S. Messenger, S. Sandford, and D. Brownlee 9037
The Physics and Chemistry of Nebular Evolution
F. J. Ciesla and S. B. Charnley 9033
PART IV: THE FIRST NEBULAR EPOCH: GENESIS OF THE FIRST SOLAR SYSTEM
MATERIALS
Timescales of the Solar Protoplanetary Disk
S. S. Russell, L. Hartmann, J. Cuzzi, A. N. Krot, M. Gounelle, and
S. Weidenschilling 9016
Condensation of Rocky Material in Astrophysical Environments
D. S. Ebel 9031
The Fayalite Content of Chondritic Olivine: Obstacle to Understanding
the Condensation of
Rocky Material
A. V. Fedkin and L. Grossman 9003
Volatile Evolution and Loss
A. M. Davis 9034
Origin of Water Ice in the Solar System
J. I. Lunine 9028
PART V: THE SECOND NEBULAR EPOCH: MATERIALS PROCESSING IN THE NEBULA
Irradiation Processes in the Early Solar System
M. Chaussidon and M. Gounelle 9009
Solar System Deuterium/Hydrogen Ratio
F. Robert 9038
Particle-Gas Dynamics and Primary Accretion
J. N. Cuzzi and S. J. Weidenschilling 9018
Transient Heating Events in the Protoplanetary Nebula
H. C. Connolly Jr., S. J. Desch, R. D. Ash, and R. H. Jones 9027
Chemical Processes in Igneous Calcium-Aluminum-Rich Inclusions: A
Mostly CMAS View of Melting
and Crystallization
J. R. Beckett, H. C. Connolly, and D. S. Ebel 9024
Petrology and Origin of Ferromagnesian Silicate Chondrules
D. S. Lauretta, H. Nagahara, and C. M. O'D. Alexander 9026
PART VI: THE ACCRETION EPOCH: FORMATION OF PLANETESIMALS
Chronological Constraints on Planetesimal Accretion
R. H. Nichols Jr. 9036
Accretion Dynamics and Timescales: Relation to Chondrites
S. J. Weidenschilling and J. N. Cuzzi 9023
Meteoritic Diversity and Planetesimal Formation
J. Chambers 9030
Trapping and Modification Processes of Noble Gases and Nitrogen in
Meteorites and Their
Parent Bodies
R. Wieler, H. Busemann, and I. A. Franchi 9012
PART VII: THE PARENT-BODY EPOCH: A. ALTERATION AND METAMORPHISM
Timescales and Settings for Alteration of Chondritic Meteorites
A. N. Krot, I. D. Hutcheon, A. J. Brearley, O. V. Pravdivtseva, M. I.
Petaev, and
C. M. Hohenberg 9006
Asteroidal Heating and Thermal Stratification of the Asteroid Belt
A. Ghosh, S. J. Weidenschilling, H. Y. McSween Jr., and A. Rubin 9017
Thermal Metamorphism in Chondrites
G. R. Huss, A. E. Rubin, and J. N. Grossman 9007
The Action of Water
A. J. Brearley 9022
The Nature and Distribution of the Organic Material in Carbonaceous
Chondrites and
Interplanetary Dust Particles
S. Pizzarello, G. W. Cooper, and G. J. Flynn 9008
Shock Effects in Meteorites
T. G. Sharp and P. S. De Carli 9040
Nature and Origins of Meteoritic Breccias
A. Bischoff, E. R. D. Scott, K. Metzler, and C. A. Goodrich 9013
PART VIII: THE PARENT-BODY EPOCH: B. MELTING AND DIFFERENTIATION
Timescales of Planetesimal Differentiation in the Early Solar System
M. Wadhwa, G. Srinivasan, and R. W. Carlson 9029
Asteroid Differentiation
T. J. McCoy, D. W. Mittlefehldt, and L. Wilson 9010
Evolution of Asteroidal Cores
N. L. Chabot and H. Haack 9019
PART IX: THE PLANETARY EPOCH: METEORITES AND THE EARTH
Meteorites and the Timing, Mechanisms, and Conditions of Terrestrial
Planet Accretion and
Early Differentiation
A. N. Halliday and T. Kleine 9032
Compositional Relationships Between Meteorites and Terrestrial Planets
K. Righter, M. J. Drake, and E. R. D. Scott 9039
Irradiation Records, Cosmic-Ray Exposure Ages, and Transfer Times of
Meteorites
O. Eugster, G. F. Herzog, K. Marti, and M. W. Caffee 9004
Weathering of Chondritic Meteorites
P. A. Bland, M. E. Zolensky, G. K. Benedix, and M. A. Sephton 9041
Flux of Extraterrestrial Materials
M. Zolensky, P. Bland, P. Brown, and I. Halliday 9021
Terrestrial Ages of Meteorites
A. J. T. Jull 9011
Glossary xxxx
Color Section xxxx
Index xxxx

Looks like a good book although quite "heavy" both literally and figuratively. List price is $90 but I will sell for $77.50. Unfortunately I don't have a copy but I
would guess that shipping will be quite expensive as it is so heavy. But I will only charge cost plus $1.00.
I'll let you know the price with shipping as soon as I can. Let me
know if you want to reserve a copy.

New Book title 2

"The Schwade Meteorite Collection"
New book...book title. This is a pictorial book by James Schwade
showing his phenomenal meteorite collection. He certainly has one of
the largest collections in private hands.
This softcover book starts off with a introductory section 10 pages in
length about the "who", "what" "when" and "where" of his collection.
The next section shows three quality photos on each page. The book has
190 pictures of many rarely seen meteorites ranging from a 300kg
Gibeon to a 41 gram Nakhla and everything in between. The pictures
are great with a small bit of text associated with each picture. With
some of the more interesting pieces in the collection that have a
story to tell, Jim will retell how he obtained it, give historical
information, or tell of how it fell.
Last section shows the inventory of his entire collection as all of his pieces
not all are pictured. There is also a list by classification and by
geographic region. In total the book has 126 pages.
Great book with excellent pictures of a phenomenal meteorite
collection. All yours for 15.00 plus 3.50 media mail shipping to the
US, 11.00 worldwide. Please add $1.00 for PayPal payments if this is the only book you order.
I will be getting the books in a week or two so for now I am just
taking pre orders. Also Jim will hand deliver them to me so let me
know if you want a signed copy.

Thanks
Mike
--