[meteorite-list] "Rock and Gem" Article + "Alien Metal"?

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 13 23:22:09 2006

Hi,

    In Wasson's 1974 analysis, he found 9.0 ppm.Ga,
52.3 ppm.Ge, and 2.7 ppm. Ir. It's probably that trace
of iridium that the writer is referring to, since it's been
so touted as the marker of extraterrestiality in the K-T
boundary, proof of Chicxulub, and so forth. He musta
missed the fine point that it's the EXCESS of iridium
there that makes the proof, since the Earth contains
iridium. Now, if you want "alien" metal, you have to
find Technetium!

Sterling K. Webb