[meteorite-list] Re: "Bessey Specks"

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Oct 17 14:53:21 2006

The term micromount has been used for decades to describe this type of
specimen.

Micromount:

Micromount is term used by mineral collectors and rockhounds to describe
mineral specimens that are best appreciated using a binocular microscope.
Micromount specimen collecting has a number of advantages, specimens take up
less space, rare minerals can be obtained for less and smaller crystals are
more perfectly developed.

All the best,

Adam