[meteorite-list] German Cottage Destroyed By Meteor?

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 20 12:45:19 2006

The last time I encountered something like the following it had been
suggested years ago in a Reuters story that the impact of a meteorite
(originating from a meteor shower) destroyed a home and started a
fire that killed two young children in Columbia. After a little
digging, I learned there was no electrical power supplied to the home
(located in a slum) and purportedly no accelerant. I suppose because
my bro is a forensic psychiatrist with an expertise in infanticide
that I immediately concluded that dear-ole-dad used "the meteor
started the fire" excuse to kill his kids. Reuters put me in touch
with a local paper who put me in touch with the local police. Dad
later confessed to the crime.

A bolide creating an arc of blazing light cannot land near where it
was observed; only bolides that seem largely stationary in the sky
and grow larger with the passage of time could pay a visit to your
doorstep.
Wonder who wanted to kill grandpa---or maybe he was sneaking a cig
and feel asleep dreaming of (fill in blank).