[meteorite-list] usps global priority vs airmail

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 19:33:04 2006

In a message dated 10/23/2006 5:24:37 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
suzieandjim_at_yahoo.com writes:

It would appear that a couple of meteorite dealers
(names with-held to protect the not-so-innocent) think
that Global Priority has to ba a large envelope
costing around $10 (Large envelope rate) but small
items wrapped in bubblewrap are fine in the smaller
envelope ( around $5 small envelope rate) or normal
airmail ( around $2 - $3 ) a substantial difference
when you buy 100s of inexpensive meteorite slices over
many months. (been there, done that !)

Global Priority Mail is great, and I use it almost exclusively for shipping
outside the US. But I don't use the envelopes.
I use sturdy boxes with plenty of bubble wrap and "peanuts". I have seen too
many broken slices!
Still, the cost is usually $9 for most European countries.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.