[meteorite-list] living near a strewfield

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 19:50:11 2006

Hi,

    MARENGO, an L6, was found September 1991:
"One stone of 68g was found among rock piles on
the side of a cultivated farm field by James A. Wotal
and his son, Alex. Mineralogy (E.J. Olsen, Chicago):
olivine Fa 25.0^, pyroxene Fs 21.2^."

    WOODBINE, on the other hand, was "found"
by a deep-plowing tractor ("Clunk!") in a single
48,200 gram hunk sometime in 1953. Good place
for Steve Arnold (IMB) type metal detector or
ground radar. Might be more big hunks.

Sterling K. Webb