[meteorite-list] usps global priority vs airmail

From: Mark <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 22:06:10 2006

Hi List
I have to agree with Dirk on this. 1st Class. I find that it goes very well
to almost anywhere in the world where we would normally be found (meteorite
collectors) with the worst so far after some 9 - 10 years on ebay being
Canada for delivery times and the UK for cost and it's still quite
reasonable. Australia can take a while, but that's simply because some of
the locations not in a major city are quite remote and take a bit for mail
to move around, unlike Canada which is just stupid privatization and
customs. And before you Canadians start in on me, I am married to a Canadian
and have mailed from Canada and to Canada as well as tried to mail things
within Canada, all with agonizingly long delivery times for where it has to
go.

The worst for overseas shipping is by surface economy and it will still get
there eventually.

Mark Ferguson