[meteorite-list] living near a strewfield

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Oct 25 10:17:14 2006

> Me thinks we are stretching the definition and/or
> conventional use of the term "strewn field".

Quite so.

Most "strewn fields" aren't discovered until well after their
falls, by which time they become "recovery fields". The
distinction is perhaps subtle, but certainly real since
meteorites (once landed) don't stay in place forever.

None of the "strewn fields" in California/Nevada/Arizona/Texas
are truly strewn fields, given that many of them have moved
since their original falls. --Rob