[meteorite-list] One Ad Per Week

From: Deborah Martin <dak_mar_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Oct 29 20:52:52 2006

At 03:33 AM 29/10/2006, you wrote:

>Get a life guys. Dont you have better things to do
>than complain about than having to delete 3 extra
>pieces of spam in the dozens or hundreds that you get
>every day. Even the habitual rule breakers clearly
>state their postings as ads making it easy to delete
>for those not wanting the ads (Unlike some of the ads
>announcing "the latest greatest meteorite ever until
>tomorrows latest greatest meteorite ever" ad).

I usually don't get dragged in these debates since I much prefer to
lurk. However, I do object to the above; it sounds suspiciously like
the empty justifications and rhetoric you get from spammers: "Use the
delete key". In case some people have forgotten it, computers are
usually located in members' *private* homes. What right do you have
to a) break an established rule on this list and b) to impose these
extra ads on members on the rather shaky ground that "Dont you have
better things to do than complain about than having to delete 3 extra
pieces of spam in the dozens or hundreds that you get every day" on
members' *personal* computers ?

Yes, the List is about meteorites; so let's talk about them.

Andre Bordeleau