[meteorite-list] Meteorites on the moon

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 1 00:06:23 2006

"Unaltered by atmospheric pressure" also implies unslowed by any
atmosphere. So everything that hits the Moon is doing so at a minimum of
around 2.5 km/s, and usually a lot more. I don't think you'll find many
meteorites.

As thin as the Martian atmosphere is, it is enough to provide
aerobraking. The rover cameras have apparently recorded a few meteors.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com