[meteorite-list] Meteorites on the moon

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 1 02:56:21 2006

Hello Elton and friends:

Pandora's meteoritical emotions are clouding this without hope ... You're
all too right of course, may I fill up the glass half-way?

The atmosphere's viscosity (density) isn't the only thing that determines
the entry velocity (besides all the stuff Chris and Sterling too threw in).
You forgot cross sectional "surface" area in the quest for another Ca?on
Diablo. I'm not sure how minuscule they have to be but those who are into
microfossils in paleontology will understand the absolute pleasure of the
wondrous world of small things. Instead of pleasuring your tongue to trap
snowflakes, you can sample a fine rain of micrometeorites for your delight.*
Pull your favorite rare magnets through a confectionary sugar-like earth and
assemble pounds of space residue like golden flakes from the Mormon's
sandbar.

And when you need bigger things, just remember the world doesn't revolve
around meteorites...That Tektite Fields are Forever! No aerodynamically
sculpted buttons here, but Newton's barrel is alive - kinetic energy
rotational and harmonic dancing will make some very ornate Christmas globes.
Quaintly collectable goodies from Santa's Tycho Tektite Toy facility ---
models including those handsomely wiry striations-texturized globules. And
the irradiation could even enhance the chromophores to fluoresce like a
spectral kaleidoscope of pearly stars, at least after bedtime as one sleeps

Best wishes, Doug
Perhaps we ought to send all of our meteorites TO the Moon rather than be
thinking the other way around. Whether you're Glorieta or just Admire: In
this new frontier - All meteorites are curated equally and endowed by their
maker with new life and liberty of open assembly for all.
*think: your Howardites