AW: [meteorite-list] Meteorites on the moon

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 1 10:38:36 2006

A list member asked about the metal in NWA 3136, A Basaltic Lunar Regolith
Breccia. The metal is definitely comes from the impactor (another meteorite)
and some of these metal clasts are up to 3mm across. I guess this means a
lot of collectors have samples of meteorites that hit the moon.

Another list member mentioned that Charlie Duke was the only geologist to
walk the moon. It is actually Harrison Schmitt that holds this title. Here
is a link to his bio:

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/S/Schmitt.html

Kind Regards,

Adam Hupe