[meteorite-list] NEW TIME! How To Observe SMART-1's Impact on theMoon

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Sep 3 01:02:00 2006

Doug,

    At my location (roughly 40 N, 90 W, the Moon was due
south at 8 PM CDT. Currently (11:45 PM CDT), it's west
of SW and low. It will set here at 12:06 AM (09-03-06) CDT.
Impact will occur at 12:41-12:45 AM when the Moon is below
my horizon. (Not that it matters; I had cloud cover.)
    My pacific times ARE earlier than eastern ones. Look at the days
and dates. I DID omit the Mountain time zone, though... Sorry,
Colorado, Wyoming, etc. (Clear sky country!)
    They should have read:
        01:43 AM SUN SEPT 3 EDT
        12:43 AM SUN SEPT 3 CDT
        11:43 PM SAT SEPT 2 MDT
        10:43 PM SAT SEPT 2 PDT
        08:43 PM SAT SEPT 2 HAWAII
    The latest items I Googled gave impact times with minutes
ranging from H:41 to H:45, so there must be some uncertainty.
I went with the median.
    Or, put it this way, 40 minutes to go until impact.

Sterling K. Webb