[meteorite-list] I have it !!! Unbelievable => Kaidun and Buckleboo

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Sep 3 16:53:12 2006

Bernd enthusiastically wrote:

> A typical Kaidun thin section exhibiting an incredible
> clast diversity. A few of the identified clasts are:
>
> (a) impact melt,
> (b) enstatite chondrite,
> (c) CI chondrite,
> (d) CM1 chondrite,
> (e) Tagish Lake-type chondrite,
> (f) CM2 chondrite

Buckleboo, Kaidun, Bernd, Listees,

The 2001 presentation for Bernd's Kaidun reference (Zolensky and Ivanov,
MAPS 36-9, 2001, A233) is available as a single page online with a large
color photo of the thin section and each of those clasts labeled above.
"Smorgasbord of clasts" , see for yourself! ... other suggestion might come
to mind, "zoo" or "Who dropped the type meteorite collection?" Thanks Bernd
& David for sharing a favorite with us.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/metsoc2001/pdf/5061.pdf

And here's a great view Googled out of Russia of the Kaidun Main Mass:

http://www.meteorites.ru/images/gor-met/kaidun1c.jpg

Best wishes, and keep that Buckleboo feeling! (Martin, Picture! Picture!
Picture!) Doug