[meteorite-list] Ad - Outstanding Specimens Ending This Afternoon -MUST SEE!

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Sep 5 18:09:14 2006

Hello Adam,

I guess Jeff Grossman changed his mind and accepted NWA 2918 as a
legitimate 3.0 or 3.05 using his stricter techniques. Congratulations.
I'll still sit on the sideline and watch for awhile before changing the
classification back to 3.0 on my website. Thanks for supplying the
additional information from Ted Bunch; sometimes your description
contains errors and I have a hard time distinguishing what I should
accept as fact. For example you state "The only other perfect 3.0
[besides Colony] is an Antarctic piece named ALH 77307, which is not
available to the public." Actually Jeff told you that Yamato 81020 is
also a 3.0, as your link to the MetBul shows. So now there are four 3.0
CO chondrites, considering a single decimal place.

Regards,
David