[meteorite-list] AD - New Rare EL3 Paleo-Meteorite - NWA 2828

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 7 13:11:08 2006

Hi Jeff and Everyone interested,

Please have a look at one of my eBay descriptions where I detail out much of
the new information that has come to light since the original NWA 2828
abstract. Here is a direct link to one of the additional slices that has the
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180025590938&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

The new abstract details things even more, including that fact that there
were 125 stones found. The original amount was 36, then after the
classification was made, the additional material came to light and was being
prepared and another type sample was submitted. This is when the radial
pyroxene chondrules were found. I submitted 87 grams to the different labs
in order to crack this difficult nut! Again, the abstract will reveal more
when it is out. I will let the scientists have that honor, but like I said,
my eBay description has most of that information widdled down for easier
reading and understanding.

One of the benefits of going to Morocco just about every month and
investigating these things and obtaining new material is that we can
decipher the unknowns and get to the bottom of it all to the best of our
abilities. Science is science and I believe it is open to debate when new
evidence comes to light. I feel this is a good and healthy discussion we are
having despite the comics who chime in.

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe