[meteorite-list] AD - New Rare EL3 Paleo-Meteorite - NWA 2828

From: Steve Dunklee <sdunklee72520_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 8 19:18:28 2006

.
  This would be a fossil chondrule I pulled off the magnet at work last night. I would believe a meteorite fossil would be not recognizable as a meteorite , other than shape OR if you follow the definition of fossilized it would be totally geologically altered
      There are two layers of iron slate at work in the core samples spaced 1/2 inch apart. I was considering the possibility it was from two asteroid falls ,till it occured to me it might be like chromotography, with water seperating the kamacite and taenite over time into two seperate layers of iron deposits. any thoughts on this? here is a link to the chondrule pic.
  Best reguards
  Steve
  http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sdunklee72520/detail?.dir=4ad5re2&.dnm=7076re2.jpg